E54: Why Attention Management is the Skill of The 21st Century
Do you want to grow your impact?
The impact you make is directly related to what you focus your attention on. Because our attention is our scarcest resource. When we focus on one thing, we automatically do not focus on the other thing. So how do you make sure that all day every day, you focus on exactly that one thing that’s most important of all?
Tony Crabbe is one of the world’s top business psychologists. He’s an author and consultant, working with big brand such as Disney, Microsoft, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson and Salesforce.com. Tony is best known for his international bestseller “Busy – how to thrive in a world of too much”.
In his book, Tony describes an interesting viewpoint. Namely that while most people are focused on managing their time, it is attention management what it’s really all about.
What does that mean, attention management?
And how does this apply in all kinds of practical real world situations?
You find out in our conversation. Enjoy!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- How to manage negative thoughts
- Tony’s definition of “attention”
- What Tony learned from playing pingpong
- How to have better meetings?
- How to give feedback in a way that’s easier to digest
- The power of asking the right questions
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated? 2) how will you apply it today? 3) do it, 4) reflect and decide how you will do more of it.
Stay in touch with Tony Crabbe:
- Tony Crabbe’s website: tonycrabbe.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tony-crabbe-2726643/
- Twitter: @TonyCrabbe
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/BBkOI-NpaHE