E53: The Life Story of a Time Management Influencer
When you decide to live on purpose, you decide to walk your own path. In today;s episode we zoom out and we hear the stories of a long-time influencer.
Harold Taylor has been an influencer for over 50 years. Over the course of his career, Harold Taylor (85 years old today) wrote over 20 books and developed over 50 time management products. Since 1981, when he incorporated the original time management company, he has personally presented over 2000 workshops, speeches and keynotes on the topic of time and life management.
How did he get started?
How did he build and grow his reputation?
How did he keep innovating?
Which principles from the pre-internet age are still critical for influencers today?
Harold Taylor is full with wisdom and experience. Over the course of the interview I only asked a few questions, and time simply flew by, listening to his stories.
Listen carefully, because Harold’s stories contain many life lessons and tons of time management tips.
Enjoy my conversation with Harold Taylor!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- How to position yourself as an expert in your topic of choice
- Why it is a good idea to raise your fees
- How to grow old without growing old
- Why Harold chose time management as his only topic of expertise
- Why Harold loves his planner so much
- How to write a book without having to write a book
- Why Harold chose to always keep Sundays free
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated? 2) how will you apply it today? 3) do it, 4) reflect and decide how you will do more of it.
Stay in touch with Harold Taylor:
- Harold Taylor’s professional website: taylorintime.com
- Subscribe to Harold Taylor’s free quarterly time management newsletter: https://www.taylorintime.com/time-management-newsletter/
- Facebook: HaroldTaylor
- Twitter: @HaroldTaylor
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
Video Link: https://youtu.be/8j83Xpn7JCM