E43: How to Succeed in a Project-Driven World
Every task you work on either belongs to a project or to a process. And everything that has ever been created, from the first light bulb to the first Tesla… all is the result of a project. In reality, all people are project managers (except only few of us have been trained).
If humans have been involved in projects for centuries already… then how come that most projects still miss their deadline and go over budget?
Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez is a thought leader, author, practitioner and professor who analysed 1000+ projects. Antonio is the creator of concepts such as the Hierarchy of Purpose, featured by Harvard Business Review, and the Project Manifesto. His research and global impact in modern management been recognized by Thinkers50 with the prestigious award “Ideas into Practice” and by the Global Gurus as #8 Educator in the world.
Which projects are you involved in today? And which project gives you particular stress? Enjoy this episode and you will certainly find ways to bring your toughest project back on track!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
– How to make your project “the sexy one”, so that you get the support you want
– Which steps should we take before starting a project?
– How come that projects typically miss deadlines and go way over budget?
– Why the support of s strong sponsor is crucial to your project’s success
– The importance of WHY and how it applies in projects
– Why project managers must be great at sales
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated with you? 2) how can you apply it in your own work? 3) apply the insight in a small experiment, 4) reflect and decide which adjustments to make in your habits and routines.
Stay in touch with Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez:
· Visit Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez’ website: www.antonionietorodriguez.com
· Twitter: @ANietoRodriguez
· LinkedIn: antonionietorodriguez
Credits (intro and outro music)
· Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
· Video Link: https://youtu.be/PdGAnfUg-yc