E42: How Women Can Build Successful Careers
India Gary-Martin is a shining example of a woman who made it to the top in a men-ruled work environment. India Martin is a 25 year veteran of financial services and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council. She has held a number of global C-Suite roles including expatriate assignments in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo and Hong Kong. In her final role at JPMorgan, India was Managing Director & Global Chief Operating Officer for Investment Banking Technology and Operations where she had multi-billion dollar budgetary management responsibility for 15,000 staff in more than 40 global locations.
Today, India Gary-Martin is a globally recognized leadership expert and coach with a clientele of Fortune 500 and C-Suite executives from around the world.
India is very passionate about the gender pay gap (which is still widening!) and ethnic equality in business. In today’s interview India hares what she has learned during her intense career. If you are a woman looking to make your career, or if you are a man who understands the power of diversity… you will love what India Gary-Martin has to say.
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- How to have a successful career, being a woman
- Why having a great career is extra challenging when you are a woman
- The #1 thing millennials need to focus on to be successful
- What will India Gary-Martin be doing 20 years from now
- Why diversity is critical for you’re the success of your team(s)
- How to manage people you don’t really like
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated with you? 2) how can you apply it in your own team? 3) apply the insight in a small experiment, 4) reflect and decide which adjustments to make in your team’s habits and routines.
Stay in touch with India Gary-Martin:
- Visit India Gary-Martin’s website: leadershipforexecs.com
- Subscribe to India Gary-Martin’s newsletter: leadershipforexecs.com
- Twitter: @india_gm
- LinkedIn: india-gary-martin-2a987589
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/juqhtKU0wNc