E41: How to Solve Problems Through Meaningful Conversations (Jackie Stavros)
Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn said, “the gap that employers need to fill is to make sure that their employees can lead, work in teams, and communicate”. He said, “the bootcamp of the future is one that teaches you how have a conversation.”
Because often, the solution to your biggest problem is only one question away. In our quest to help you work stress-free, we invited Jackie Stavros to educate us about how to have meaningful conversations at work. Jackie Stavros is internationally recognized for her creation of SOAR, a positive approach to strategic thinking, planning, and leading that focuses on strengths, opportunities, aspirations and results in strategic conversation. She has presented her research and work in over 25 countries.
The heart of Jackie’s work is using Appreciative Inquiry (AI), a communication framework that is bringing out the best in people, their organizations, and communities to fuel conversations worth having that produce meaningful engagement and results.
Today’s conversation brings you world-class education and a highly positive mindset.
Enjoy the podcast interview with Jackie Stavros!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- How to frame a situation positively
- How to revitalise a business that’s about to shut down (within 14 months)
- Why the word “but” is not really helping anyone
- Why positive inquiry builds positive relationships
- Why great communication helps you work stress-free
- How to practice the art of asking generative questions
- How to think and plan strategically
If you only take away one thing, hang these questions at your desk and apply them in your meetings:
- Strengths: What are we great at?
- Opportunities: What are the possibilities?
- Aspirations: What re our dreams or wishes?
- Results:What are meaningful outcomes?
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated with you? 2) how can you apply it in your own team? 3) apply the insight in a small experiment, 4) reflect and decide which adjustments to make in your team’s habits and routines.
Stay in touch with Jackie Stavros:
- Visit Jackie Stavros’ website: conversationsworthhaving.today
- The Conversations Bootcamp: https://www.conversationsworthhaving.today/conversation-bootcamps/
- Book: Thin Book of SOAR: Building Strengths-based Strategy: soar-strategy.com
- Twitter: @JackieStavros
- Linked In: jackie-stavros-0b45824
- Facebook: stavros
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/n9DodNo5SKg