E39: How to lead with emotional courage (Peter Bregman)
Peter Bregman has 30 years of experience helping leaders develop their leadership skills, build aligned, collaborative teams, and overcome obstacles. Peter is the host of the acclaimed “Bregman Leadership Podcast”, a regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review, and an award-winning, bestselling author. His most recent book is Leading with Emotional Courage: How to Have Hard Conversations, Create Accountability, and Inspire Action on Your Most Important Work.
Peter Bregman was on a roll during our conversation. He let it flow, spoke from the heart and shared his best stories and insights. We speak about leadership, ego, focus, communication and personal development.
Enjoy our conversation with Peter Bregman!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- How to recognize an “ego conversation”
- What does it mean to have emotional courage?
- The difference between “successful people” and “great leaders”
- Peter’s trick to get himself into a boardroom
- How to take in feedback
- Should every leader meditate?
- How to establish True Focus in your organization
- Should you turn your passion into a career?
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight resonated with you? 2) how can you apply it in your own unique personal situation? 3) today, apply the insight in a small experiment, 4) reflect and decide whether you integrate it in your routine.
Stay in touch with Peter Bregman:
- Visit Peter Bregman’s website: bregmanpartners.com
- Peter Bregman’s Emotional Courage Challenge: bregmanpartners.com/emotional-courage-challenge
- Peter Bregman’s Leadership Gap Assessment: bregmanpartners.com/where-is-your-leadership-gap-assessment
- LinkedIn: Peter Bregman
- Facebook: @peterbregmanadvisor
- Twitter: @peterbregman
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/mlo8Wdq8Sck