E35: How to communicate with impact (Ryan Foland)
What would it mean for your business or career when people easily remember you?
Achieving stress-free success is al about creating a strong reputation with everybody you work with. What role does communication play here? How can you establish a personal brand that stands out and leaves a positive impression?
We asked Ryan Foland. Ryan is a calibrator for your brand, a tuning fork for your messaging. A compass for your positioning. You got it… Ryan Foland is a branding and communication expert who specializes in creating a quick connection to get people interested in learning more.
Ryan is a global Keynote Speaker and Managing Partner of InfluenceTree. He is recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Marketer and named a Top Personal Branding Expert by Entrepreneur. Ryan is particularly known for his 3-1-3 method, a discovery process that helps communicate ideas into three sentences, which is condensed into one sentence and then ultimately boiled down to three words. In October, Ryan will present his latest book, Ditch The Act.
Do you want to communicate with more impact? Enjoy our episode with Ryan Foland!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
– Why being stress-free is crucial to communicate with impact
– How to influence others without being pushy
– How to get over your fear of “not knowing what to say” in a networking situation
– Using the 3-1-3 method to communicate with impact
– Did Ryan get fired or not for a crazy promotional stunt at his university?
– The simple fundamentals of communication… things we often seem to forget
– How to get somebody to listen to you
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight will you apply in your personal situation today? 2) do it and see what happens, 3) reflect and decide whether or not to do it more often
Stay in touch with Ryan Foland:
· Get Ryan’s my free guide for the 3-1-3 and 4V’s by visiting: www.ryanfoland.com
· Ryan’s new book: www.ditchtheact.com
· Ryan Foland’s Twitter: @ryanfoland
· Ryan Foland on LinkedIn: ryanfoland
Credits (intro and outro music)
· Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
· Video Link: https://youtu.be/WU2ZDqflfTU