E33: How to manage your financial future – the basics of economics
We see stress in every office. People are putting their lives on hold, “because it is so busy”. This is painful enough as it is…
but what if a sudden crash in the stock markets happens and your hard-earned savings suddenly disappear?
We want to earn more work less and GROW those earnings, so we asked economics expert Michael Goodwin. Michael is a freelance writer, a true bookworm who loves comics and history. In his initial reading, Mike thought he caught glimpses of a story nobody seemed to be telling. He brought a stack of books to a small town in India, settled in, and started reading, researching, and writing. The result was Economix, a comic book explaining the economy through the lens of history. Mike has spent several years in China as well as India. Today, like many freelance writers, he lives in New York City with a cat.
Why listen to this episode?
The leaders of the world have a bias towards telling us that everything is fine. How can you know whether your hard-earned savings are actually fine? What can you do to keep your savings safe? What should you understand about the economy and which actions can you take to be prepared for any scenario? Is there a stress-free way to manage your personal finances?
Michael Goodwin gives us a simple and understandable lesson in economics.
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- Why is it important to understand “economics”?
- Is there a stress-free way to save our money or invest? (Or should we just seize the day and create experiences right now)?
- Will we still have banks in 20 years?
- What does it take to write a comic book?
- To bitcoin or not to bitcoin?
- Why is economics so boring topic in school?
- What to do when a cab driver gives you a stock tip?
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) have you been managing your financial future appropriately, or do you want to make a change? 2) write any desired changes on your to-do list (so you can take care of it in time!)
Stay in touch with Michael Goodwin:
- Visit Michael’s website to read the last chapter for free: economixcomix.com
- Get Michael’s unique book: click here for Amazon
- Follow Michael on Twitter: @Economixcomix
In case you’re wondering… this is what the cartoon version of Michael looks like 😊
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/dFRREhKhDf4