Podcast E27: What separates great leaders from the rest (Daniel Goleman)
What separates great leaders from the rest
Daniel Goleman has over 5 million LinkedIn followers and has been ranked among the 25 most influential business leaders by TIME and The Wall Street Journal. He is best known for his worldwide bestseller “Emotional Intelligence”.
Daniel’s articles in the Harvard Business Review are among the most frequently requested reprints of all time: his article there, “The Focused Leader” won the 2013 HBR McKinsey Award for best article of the year. Apart from his writing on emotional intelligence, Goleman has written books on topics including self-deception, creativity, transparency, meditation, social and emotional learning, ecoliteracy and the ecological crisis.
Some of the topics that came up in our conversation:
- The 4 components that predict the success of a leader.
- How can I improve my Emotional Intelligence?
- One activity that every team leader MUST have in their schedule to be effective.
- What do great team leaders have in common with great parents?
- Which very special pets do Daniel and his wife take care of on a daily basis? 🙂
- … and much more
Chances are… you find your solution to the one big challenge that is currently on your mind).
To listen to the interview, use the player below or find The Influential Executive on Anchor, Spotify or iTunes.
Are you aiming for a breakthrough for your business, and are you excited about making emotional intelligence a priority in your teams?
Then make sure you check out Daniel’s new coaching certification program (also coming to Europe).
Get in touch with Daniel Goleman:
- Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification
- Other Courses
- Daniel Goleman’s Website
- Twitter: @DanielGolemanEI
- LinkedIn: Daniel Goleman
- Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link