E34: What business leaders can learn from pro basketball players (Alan Stein, Jr.)
With Earn More Work Less we help team leaders achieve stress-free success: to find flow, be more present and create optimal value in every situation.
Continuous learning is the key to reducing stress in the office, so that is what we do every day. With this week’s “The Influential Executive” podcast we explore which lessons from pro basketball can be applied in business. And we found one of the best people in the world to speak about this: Alan Stein Jr.
Alan is a keynote speaker and author who spent 15+ years as a performance coach working with the highest-performing basketball players on the planet. He now teaches audiences how to utilize the same strategies in business that elite athletes use to perform at a world-class level.
Especially when you are ambitious and want to grow as a professional, you will love this episode. Alain Stein Jr. reminds us of the FUNDAMENTALS: which simple strategies do we often forget about, but deliver us the greatest success in sports and business?
Enjoy our fun, high-energy, insightful conversation with Alan Stein Jr!
Interesting stories and strategies that came up in our conversation:
- The one simple secret that helped Alan Stein Junior grow his new career so fast
- Why Alan always wants to know “where his feet are”
- How to train your awareness so you can be more present
- Which one skills critical to every leader’s success
- To grind or not to grind?
- How to have highly productive meetings
- The elements of a winning culture
- What is Alan Stein Jr.’s favorite personal development book?
TIP: How to benefit most: 1) which insight will you apply in your personal situation today? 2) do it and see what happens, 3) reflect and decide whether or not to do it more often
Stay in touch with Alan Stein Junior:
· Get Alan’s book “Raise Your Game”: www.RaiseYourGameBook.com
· Alan’s personal website: www.alansteinjr.com
· Alan Stein Jr.’s Instagram: @alansteinjr
· Follow Alan on Twitter: @alansteinjr
Credits (intro and outro music)
· Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
· Video Link: https://youtu.be/ox6eQSYoYB8