How to use your body language to influence your colleagues
Mark Bowden is an expert in human behaviour and was voted the #1 body language expert in the world. He is a well-known keynote speaker and the creator of Truthplane. Mark has coached top CEOs and even a G8 prime minister on how to use their body language while speaking to large audiences. They love Mark and his work, so our guess is that you will LOVE Mark too.
We had a lot of fun interviewing Mark. He certainly walks his talk and has been the most expressive guest on our podcast thus far. Watch the interview on Youtube to find out how Mark uses body language during a Zoom video call.
- Do you want to be more convincing during your meetings and presentations?
- Do you want to make a more positive impression on your colleagues?
- Are your current body language habits helping you or hurting you?
Mark translates the notion of us being “social mammals” into simple tips and techniques that we can start using today. Our mission is to get rid of stress in the office and in this interview Mark unlocks some serious superpowers within you that will make every workday lighter, easier and more fun.
Some exciting topics that came up in our conversation:
- How to use your body language during video calls on e.g. Skype, WebEx or Zoom
- Why does a stupid group typically beat a smart individual?
- Is manipulation a good thing or a bad thing?
- Which behaviours you can use to build trust between yourself and your colleagues
- How to recognize the self-defense mechanism called “authenticity shaming”
- Why a simple smile gives you massive influence over your colleagues
TIP: Design your own small experiment for today: remember one or two tips from the interview, apply them TODAY and see whether it helped or harmed the situation.
Stay in touch with Mark:
- Get Mark’s free online training program: bit.ly/winningkeynote
- Mark’s website: www.truthplane.com
- Twitter: @truthplane
- LinkedIn: markbowden1
Credits (intro and outro music)
- Song: Ehrling – Dance With Me (Vlog No Copyright Music)
- Video Link: https://youtu.be/_iGY4nBHCTU